The Quality Assurance Analyst will create, maintain, and work from a library of test plans for PerfectServe’s applications. He/she will then execute those tests throughout the software development process, particularly prior to and following the deployment of a release. As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will participate in projects from the beginning to the release of changes and additions of software and new product lines. Good organizational and communication skills are required to document and communicate progress, report software anomalies and any critical path issues to the management and development teams. This position provides the opportunity to influence the software development process for existing and new development.
- Work closely with developers and product teams through the software life cycle to ensure that applications meet acceptance criteria and the needs of the end users
- Collaborate with software engineering and product teams to define variables to consider for test cases and the level of regression testing required
- Execute test plans for items within a current sprint and ensure applications are ready for release following the release schedule
- Collaborate with product owners to develop an understanding of user stories and use cases to formulate test approaches, write test plans, and analyze outcomes
- Work with quality assurance team to create and maintain a library of manual and automated test plans
- Create, maintain, and execute manual test plans and cases
- Thoroughly document defects with steps to reproduce and triage them through the defect lifecycle
- Collaborate with software engineering and platform operations to recreate and resolve issues
- Interact with operations to ensure that issues discovered by end users are captured in the issue tracking system and placed into the proper queue for prioritization
- Ready and willing to change priorities at any time
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Confidence in working in a fast-paced team environment
- Recognized as a team player by peers
- Strong individual contributor that delivers results and a high quality of work
- Excellent critical thinking, oral and written communication skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Willingness to do what it takes to meet deadlines
- Willing to collaborate across teams and product lines
- Experience with scheduling, physicians, hospitals, or healthcare technologies
- Experience with mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads and Android devices
- Experience working with development teams to help uncover, track and resolve software issues
- Experience writing test cases, creating bug reports, executing and tracking testing assignments with minimal supervision
- Experience with Postman automated testing, creating, maintaining, and executing test plans; creating bug reports; and executing and tracking testing assignments with minimal supervision
- Experience with Python
- Ability to query a relational database
- Comfortable working with collaboration tools such as Zoom and Slack
Environment, Physical & Other Requirements:
This position requires interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers on the phone, face-to-face, or on the computer, all employees must be able to communicate with or without reasonable accommodation.
Depending on the assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 – 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
PerfectServe is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
PerfectServe, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer —–M/F/D/V.
- 1 year: Excellent critical thinking, oral and written communication skills
- 1 year: Strong individual contributor that delivers results and a high quality of work
- 1 year: Experience with scheduling, physicians, hospitals, or healthcare technologies