OpenClassrooms is one of the largest online education platforms in Europe and Africa. We train the professionals of tomorrow in digital professions by offering them high-quality degree courses.
We already have a community of almost 2 million passionate students, and this is just the start!
Our mission is to make education accessible to as many people as possible, everywhere in the world. A major challenge for which we need to strengthen the team.
At OpenClassrooms, the Global Operations department guarantees ROI for our clients: whether they are students or employers.
The Global Operations team makes sure that our students and employers have the best possible experience with us.
The Customer Support activity of the team consists of managing customer support in a reactive manner.
From the selection of the path they will follow, through the completion of their projects, their graduation but also support towards professional success, we are there at every step to support them as best as possible.
We are growing, so we are expanding the Support team to help us respond to incoming student requests.
We take customer support very seriously at OpenClassrooms. Our support team is dedicated to doing everything possible and more for our students, every day. We are looking for someone with exceptional customer service skills to deliver top notch service for all of our students. You are a customer support guru, you love interacting with people and solving complex problems. You are particularly independent and autonomous: you do things without someone having to ask you and do not need to be micro-managed. “Continuous improvement” is your second nature, you are indeed obsessed with details and you persist in making things just “perfect” for your customers.
Do you recognize yourself in this ad? Then you are ready to join an agile, growing company that aims to make education accessible to all.
You report to the Global Director, Customer Support
By 2025, we want to place 1 million students on the job market each year. Customer support is essential for our success and for our growth, because that is what we are. Openclassrooms is a small, fast-growing company with a presence all over the world, so chances are you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects.
That being said, here’s what you’ll be working on most of your time :
- Help hundreds of students every week by email, phone, chat (we are constantly opening new communication channels), by answering their questions and providing more comprehensive help to their concerns.
- Every day, manage 50 to 100 tickets, chat communications, and around 20 calls
- You will also manage the tickets escalated by the team that manages the level 1 tickets
- You will work on both technical and non-technical problems, dealing with various subjects such as (but not only) educational programs and content, use of the platform, funding assistance
- Deliver high quality self-service
- Write documentation and create cutting-edge content (demos, videos, how to, etc.) in order to encourage students to find the answers to their questions on their own on our Help Center.
- Redirect specific requests to other departments when necessary
- Evaluate, launch and measure the effectiveness of new communication channels
- Organize, analyze and escalate customer feedback to help our Product team improve the platform.
- Experiment, through iterations, in a spirit of continuous improvement, in order to improve internal processes and create more efficiency
- When it comes to process creation, we stick to what we call “the golden cycle”: discover (do it yourself), standardize (make sure the process can be industrialized), set up (document on our internal wiki, Notion) and automate (thanks to SaaS tools and technical development)
- Take part in creating a unique, modern and relevant communication style to interact with OpenClassrooms customers.
- Transform time-consuming existing processes into scalable and automatable tasks as soon as possible
- Make sure we meet our goals. Here are some of our KPIS: Customer satisfaction, NPS, first response time, resolution time, response rate, self-service score etc.
- Generate the ‘WOW’ effect that our students and users do not expect! Our vision is our ambition to see other people write about the quality of customer support service at OpenClassrooms even as we become the benchmark in the industry
- Carry and promote our core values in everything you do: At Openclassrooms our values are: ‘ Care, Dare, Persist and Tell it as it is ‘
- Most importantly, you will be helping to create and implement it all! Many of the actions mentioned above have not yet been implemented and we need your creativity and your talent to launch them!
- You will provide support to students both in writing and orally, via telephone. As such, we require an excellent level of communication in French (both written and oral) as well as a good level in English.
- A natural love and affinity for service and customer satisfaction. You are naturally empathetic and able to communicate in a way that gives confidence to the other person, not demeans them.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently: you can work several hours in a row with minimal supervision
- Comfortable with taking initiatives and making decisions on your own
- Flexible and adaptable to work in an extremely changing and growing environment. Your routine will constantly change and evolve.
- Strong ability to manage your time and prioritize. You are the multitasking champion!
- Wishes to work in a transparent environment oriented on performance and the achievement of common objectives followed through the installation of KPIs
- Desire to give and receive feedback frequently, constructively (and never aggressively) regardless of seniority or reporting line
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (PIVOTS and other Macros no longer hold any secrets for you)
- Data analysis skills to study, understand and act on internal reporting
- Very high level of comfort on SaaS tools and similar platforms. You navigate online tools very quickly.
- A real passion for education
- Common sense !
- We work when our clients need us, so you must be able to work according to a predefined schedule.
Bonus points if you are a bit of a geek in:
- Automation (Python programming, Excel, Zapier, etc.)
- Written SQL queries
- API integration
EXPECTED EXPERIENCE AND ACADEMIC BACKGROUND :
- License or Master
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a customer support position, with a strong dimension of KPI monitoring
- Experience with ticketing tools such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, HelpScout or Salesforce Service Cloud
- Knowledge of our stack: Slack; Zendesk, Gsuite, Aircall and Intercom