The Knights is a widely recognized top esports organization born in 2017 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We were founded on the values of discipline, grit, mastery, and innovation and we pride ourselves as a company that contributes to the community of esports.Why choose Pittsburgh KnightsWe are a current yet experienced and authentic brand dedicated to gamers around the world. If you are searching for a position with an up-and-coming company that will expose you to real and unique opportunities while working in a fast-paced, gaming environment then you have successfully found the right place! We're dedicated to our work, our company, our clients, and the most fun of all, Gaming!Make an impact through your work on real projects and involvement in the gaming community.
Job Summary/ General Description:
Under the coordination of the Marketing and Communications Director, The Marketing copywriter will write and edit effective copy for a variety of esports and marketing initiatives and will coordinate with our marketing and creative teams to publish and track content across multiple channels.
- Create culture-driving, business-building, big brand work in every medium, from broadcast and web video, to targeted social and influencer campaigns.
- Writing and editing marketing copy (e.g., promotional emails, newsletters, blogs, landing page copy, press releases).
- Create fun copy for social and digital needs.
- Crafting case studies and research-based thought esports and gaming articles. Concept and produce content including e-Com, gaming, and everything trending in the esports industry.
- Collaborating with the merchandise department on content and copy for our e-commerce needs.
- Developing well-branded, clear, and SEO-focused content and copy for our main web pages. Understand principles of writing for the web, including search engine optimization and search engine marketing.
- Participating in brainstorming, planning, and project update calls with internal team members.
- Working towards daily, weekly, monthly KPIs.
- Proactively identify opportunities to tap into or incorporate the latest trends in the esports industry, pop culture, and identifying execution approaches.
- Develop content strategies and plans; assist in establishing positioning statements and messaging strategies for executive presentations and marketing campaigns, as well fundraising campaigns and events
- Develop, draft, and edit short- and long-form content including infographics, newsletters, blogs, social media posts, video scripts, print, and digital ads.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or relevant area of study.
- 1+ years of editorial experience, preferably in the esports industry
- Possesses a deep understanding of social platforms and algorithms that affect day-to-day publishing and content strategy including how to optimize content.
- Desirable proficiency in Google suite, WordPress, and Hubspot.
- Strong Proficiency in all Social Media Platforms.
- High-level organization skills.
- Ability to research current industry standards and best practices.
- Ability to generate campaign concepts and ideas.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work evenings. Weekends, based on business needs.
- Must be able to take initiative and independently complete tasks and projects.
- Must maintain a positive, professional attitude always and be receptive to input and constructive criticism.
- Knowledge of Esports a must.
What you will bring to Pittsburgh Knights
You are a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for games. You will support project work that will drive value, improve processes and enhance collaboration within the organization. You are comfortable working in a startup environment. You like to create new initiatives and develop them independently.
Pittsburgh Knights provide an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): Pittsburgh Knights provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply for this Job