Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
Our business is growing explosively: 900,000+ learners have taken more than over 7M class hours. We’ve more than quadrupled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 118 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $130M since founding with most of that still in the bank. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative edtech company in the world and in the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
We’re committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need. In addition, Outschool has created an Educator Endowment Fund in appreciation for these teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
Our product and expertise have become central to many families, educators and organizations and will continue to provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their interests in 2021 and beyond.
As part of the Customer Support Escalations team, you will help ensure we provide a great experience for every parent, teacher, and learner in the Outschool community. You will become an expert in Outschool’s inner workings so that you can help advise and resolve problems for both teachers and parents. We are looking for someone who has the critical thinking and problem-solving skills to handle our more complex, ambiguous tickets and will use these skills to provide consistent top-level service. Based on your communication with Outschool’s users, you will envision and advocate for ways to improve our service. As a member of our team, you will play a critical role in providing a world-class educational experience for our community.
- Provide product support to parents and teachers, primarily via email
- Resolve high volumes of challenging customer issues with superb attention to detail and empathy
- Advocate for policies and product changes that balance the needs of parents, teachers, learners, and Outschool
- Additional CX responsibilities as requested to help Outschool operate smoothly
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 1+ year(s) as a top performer handling high volumes of tickets in a customer support capacity
- Ability to quickly learn and demonstrate a passion for Outschool
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a rapidly shifting dynamic environment, has a track record of keeping up with new features and product changes
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Experience in K-12 education
- Startup experience
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.Apply for this Job