- Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category.
- Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
- Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 4 – 6 years design experience with Cut & Sew Knits, Activewear and Elevated Lounge.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to sketch by hand/illustrate by hand/and illustrate with illustrator the following categories: Contemporary Knit Tops, Bottoms and Dresses
- Strong knowledge of construction, fitting, understanding of fabrications in these worlds
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Title: Designer, Cut and Sew Knits
- Location: United States
- Duration: 3 months
- Work Location Address: remote
- Work Schedule: Work period is 9am-5:30pm