We are looking for a Grant Writer that is able to effectively execute skills and duties as outlined in the job description. This is a temporary position, with potential for remote work, but must be located in or LA area.
Job Duties Include:
- Prepare letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, and other correspondence with funders;
- Research prospective funders, including foundation, corporate, and government
- Contribute to decisions, in collaboration with other staff, regarding which funders to
apply to and how to frame requests;
- Help establish and steward relationships with funders, and manage grant cycles from
start to finish;
- Specialize in funders for the organization’s immigration, homelessness prevention,
statewide education rights, and consumer rights projects, while remaining flexible to
support other Public Counsel legal projects as needed
- Keep records of grant documents submitted, deadlines, changes in grant status, and key
correspondence with funders; and
- Assist with administrative tasks, including those related to program service fee
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years of grant writing experience preferred
- Strong research, writing, editing, and analytical skills, including the ability to write with
grammatical proficiency using logical, clearly structured arguments.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and to communicate
effectively with funders and other stakeholders, multi-task and meet multiple,
coinciding deadlines; pay close attention to detail; and maintain accurate and timely
records, work with budgets and expense reports.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with databases.
- An understanding of the Los Angeles region, including its nonprofit and philanthropic
ecosystems and the communities Public Counsel serves, is preferred.
- Experience working with or on behalf of at least one of the populations Public Counsel
serves is preferred.
Salary: $20 – $24/hrApply for this Job