- As a blog writer and editor you will primarily create and publish 10x content for the Hubstaff blog, uphold grammar and voice standards and ensure each article meets its goals.
- This role requires you to have an eye for detail and consistency, often taking written content and bringing it up to the highest possible quality.
- You will also need to research topics and write about them in a detailed and engaging way.
- A deep understanding of the audience, the topic you’re writing about, and content marketing is required.
- Being able to manage your own projects and take ownership of your work is important.
- Company or brand blog writing experience required, writing for a software-as-a-service brand preferred.
What You Will Do:
- Write and edit content for 10x quality and conversion
- Proofread and edit long form articles, web copy, blog posts, and emails
- Draft content (resource pages, emails) as needed, delivering on the goals of each piece
- Uphold voice and tone of the brand, maintain standards
- Understand SEO as it relates to writing and editing
- Suggest ways to improve content, whether with visuals or by bringing in expert advice
- Leverage data to make recommendations and content decisions
- An understanding of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and content analytics
- Experience writing and editing for a SaaS business
- Great copywriting skills
How You'll Spend Your Time:
- 60% of the time: Writing content
- 30% of the time: Editing content
- 10% of the time: Other misc. writing projects
What Success Looks Like:
- Deliver 1-2 10X-quality blog posts (3,000+ words) per week
- Articles are highly researched, detailed, and engaging
- Minimal edits are needed on your drafts
- Increase in the blog's traffic, subscriptions and shares
- Uphold a clear and consistent Hubstaff voice and tone
- Increase in driving traffic to the marketing site, trial sign-ups through content