TaxJar is an award winning sales tax automation platform, empowering over 20,000 businesses to sell online by calculating, collecting, and filing sales tax correctly. We are a high growth company with the goal of making e-commerce easier for everyone.
We stand by our core values in everything we do:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We’re a team, built on trust
- We’re proud to be remote
- We’re in control of our own destiny
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will conduct outreach and conversations with senior executives and decision-makers at prospective TaxJar customer accounts, and play a critical role in powering our growth as a company. As one of the first points of contact, you will help represent the TaxJar brand while simultaneously building a foundation for the TaxJar Sales team to engage.
At TaxJar, we believe strongly in continued development and promotion from within. On our Sales Development team, you will be joining a growth-oriented culture with the opportunity to further your career in sales and go-to-market.
- Provide a great customer experience to prospective and existing TaxJar customers
- Assist prospective buyers with their requirements and fit with TaxJar
- Help generate new business and pipeline through inbound and outbound activities
- Work closely with TaxJar Account Executives to drive dealflow and maintain up-to-date information on active deals
- Know our product and communicate its value to customers
- 0 – 3 years work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong phone skills
- Rapid learner and problem-solver
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Collaborative and coachable
Candidates with previous Sales, SaaS, or sales tax experience are highly encouraged to apply.
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 12 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.Apply for this Job