We are seeking French Canadian-native freelances to collaborate with us as dedicated Subtitling (Quality Assurance) QAers on an ongoing Venga client account. Our client is a leading employment and recruitment website provider.
We are looking for freelancers with extensive Subtitling experience and who would be able to carry out most of the below QA checks:
- Line break Treatment
- Duration/Reading Speed – one full line must remain on screen for 3 – 4 seconds, two full lines for 5 – 6 seconds. The minimum duration for short subtitles is 2 seconds, in rare cases 1.5 seconds.
- Characters per row – 36-37 per line (if a subtitle is fewer than 40 chars, keep on one line)
- Dialogue dashes
- Continuation dashes
The content type will entail training, eLearning and presentation videos. You can expect to receive 3 – 4 videos per week for QA (at approximately 1,000 words per video).
- Native speaker of French (Canada)
- 2-3 years of Subtitling QA experience and capability to complete the majority of the specific tasks described in the section above
- Willingness to work in CaptionHub (previous experience with this tool is preferred, but experience with other subtitling tools is sufficient)
- Attention to detail