The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A fundraising with MMC Ventures. Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who loves to solve problems. All day. Every day. From the comfort of your own home, or from wherever in the world you want to work. If that’s you, read on.
- Someone who can talk to customers. Even more, you can help customers with complex technical issues, but with buckets of empathy.
- Someone with an analytical mind, who is absolutely unfazed by problems they don’t understand. Our product is technically complex. You’ll be learning every single day.
Who you are:
- You’re calm in a crisis. You’re flexible. You cut through the noise and spot the priorities.
- You’re passionate about programming. Web development and web apps weave their magic for you.
- You understand and love UNIX and Linux.
- You’re clued-in on cloud technologies like AWS and GCP.
- You’re qualified. You probably have a Computer Science or data-related degree, or top marks from a coding boot camp, or you can demonstrate that level of knowledge. You have a mature and curious attitude to security, documentation and process. A bit of SQL might help.
But coding isn’t enough by itself. You’re going to be a great communicator. You’re keen to understand and help customers succeed with our product. You’re innovative and effective. You’re inquiring and keen to learn.
Most of all, you know that technical support is a place you can exercise your technical chops, and build a career. You’ll get the opportunity to do that at Snowplow. This is a skilled, multidisciplinary and demanding role, supporting a technology stack with multiple external dependencies. Our Support Engineering team is on a critical mission to keep our customers event pipelines running robustly, many of which process billions of events per month, and to help our customers extract the most value from their real-time event data.
We’re flexible on where you want to work from, but this is 24×7 support, and so we have specific coverage needs to fill. Right now, that means we’re looking for someone who can work these days and time zone: Monday to Friday UTC to UTC-4 (approximate working hours 8am-5pm local)
If this sounds like you, please get in touch. We know that some of you might be reading this and thinking you need to be 100% qualified to even apply. But we value diversity, and we hire as much for potential as any qualification. If you think you can help solve our challenges, we’ll invest in your training. We can teach almost anything to someone with drive, a strong sense of ownership and a willingness to learn.
A little about Snowplow and the environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive package based on experience, including share options
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- MacBook and working from home equipment
- Mental health support no matter where you are based
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (we have moved these to virtual events for 2020)
- Employee referral scheme
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- Enjoy fun events organised by our Cultural Work Committee
- Convenient location in central London (Aldgate) when we’re back in the office again! (if applicable)
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks