BREAKTHROUGH PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Breakthrough Public Schools is a nationally recognized network that was rated best CMO network in Ohio by the 2017 CREDO study at Stanford University. Breakthrough Public Schools originated as a commitment to increase educational options for Cleveland families. In 2009, three of Cleveland’s top stand-alone public charter schools discovered the challenges of operating individually and decided that sharing administrative functions would help them operate more efficiently and serve more students. As a result, they formed Breakthrough Public Schools, a charter management organization, in 2010 with the mission to develop a growing network of distinctive school options that prepare Cleveland area students for success in life. Breakthrough manages core administrative responsibilities including human resources, finance, information technology, facilities, student recruitment, and marketing for 12 schools within the network. Breakthrough Schools serve more than 3,600 students in grades K-8 and is committed to setting them on an early pathway to lifelong success in school, college, and career. For more information, visit https://breakthroughschools.org/.
As part of its response to the coronavirus pandemic, Breakthrough Schools has pivoted to 100% Distance Learning for the safety of its scholars and staff. This has put unprecedented strain on our families, whose scholars are using personal devices as well as Breakthrough Chromebooks, iPads, and hotspots to access our Distance Learning materials.
In order to support our families who may be unfamiliar with our school technology, Breakthrough established a Virtual Call Center (VCC) in March 2020 which is expected to remain open until at least the end of the 20-21 school year. This is a temporary, full-time position. The work hours are 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with an additional thirty-minute “debrief” meeting. These hours are subject to change as the school year progresses.
This position will primarily work from home on a Breakthrough Schools provided laptop. The employee will need to provide their own high-speed internet connection.
Key Responsibilities – What will you do in this position?
- Answer inbound phone calls from scholars, scholars’ families/caretakers, and staff supporting scholars
- Return voicemails during work hours, no later than the next day
- Use provided resources to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with hardware and software
- Use provided resources to assist callers with using their hardware and software
- Communicate effectively using the provided Google Chat software, asking for help with issues you are not able to resolve
- Document calls accurately and in detail in the provided call tracker
Requirements – Who are we looking for?
- Strong verbal communication skills, ideally with previous call center or customer service experience
- Expertise in using phone systems, including muting and transferring calls; or a fast learner
- Experience in handling IT helpdesk calls preferred but not required
- Must be able to travel to our Breakthrough home office as scheduled to collect assigned work equipment (e.g. laptop) and have it serviced as needed
- The Breakthrough home office is located at 3615 Superior Ave, Building 44, Suite 4403A, Cleveland, OH 44114
- Employee may provide their own headphones/microphone
- Stable and reliable home internet with speeds at or above 20 Mbps download
- General proficiency using computers and Google Suite applications such as Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Chat
- Typing speed of at least 40 wpm
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls/visitors while maintaining a pleasant and polite attitude
- Written, oral and listening skills; organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Desire to support the Breakthrough Schools mission.
- Professional and reliable
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Salary: $10 per hour
- Complete the online application and digital interview
- Successfully pass a BCI and FBI criminal record check
Breakthrough Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.Apply for this Job