Eastern Gateway Community College is now accepting applications for its full-time Administrative Assistant position within the Human Resources department. This is a remote position that will provide clerical support to the Human Resources Department and will report to the Director.
The salary for this position is commensurate with EGCC's staff salary schedule. EGCC provides a generous benefits plan which includes: medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances. In addition, there are paid Vacation, Sick, and Public Holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screen departmental telephone calls as requested or instructed.
- Monitor departmental schedules and alert departmental employees of potential conflicts.
- Prepare outgoing departmental mail.
- Prepare routine departmental correspondence; make copies of correspondence/documents as needed, and scan documents as needed/requested.
- Coordinate/arrange meetings; prepare agendas; reserve facilities and equipment.
- Order/maintain supplies. Register departmental personnel for external training and make travel arrangements as needed.
- Help to gather, compile and consolidate a variety of information for various reports dealing with salaries, hiring, other personnel, and departmental matters as required by the College, State, and Federal agencies.
- Assist with the preparation of required Federal and State reports.
- Assist in the generation, distribution, tracking of, and approval to pay of all employment contracts.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with inquiries and requests concerning confidential information such as salaries, performance ratings, and related personnel matters.
- The above duties are not all-inclusive, rather they illustrate the type of work assigned to a position incumbent. All listed duties are considered essential functions of the job. Responsible to participate in implementing, coordinating, and documenting activities as they relate to the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in Administrative Assistant or Business Management preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in confidential and high-level administrative support.
- Demonstrated competency with standard office equipment and software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Google Documents, group meeting schedulers, etc.
- Demonstrated competency in communicating detailed, complex, and often highly confidential information both verbally and in writing.
- A different combination of education and experiences may be acceptable if deemed equivalent.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to relate well with a broad range of people and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must possess the ability to organize, plan and work on different projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to establish/meet appropriate deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Extensive use of hands/wrists for keyboarding.
- Must be able to reach overhead and bend to access files.
- Must be able to occasionally walk stairs and lift/carry weights of up to 5 pounds.
- Must be able to travel to various College sites, external events as needed, and trainings/professional development.
Eastern Gateway Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment of applicants and employees due to race, color, religion, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, national origin (ancestry), military status, disability, age (40 years of age or older), genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a parent during pregnancy and immediately after the birth of a child, status as a parent of a young child, or status as a foster parent as those terms are defined in applicable Ohio law, federal law and any effective Executive Order, in making any employment-related decisions including, but not limited to hiring, layoff, transfer, termination, promotion, demotion, discipline, rate of compensation, eligibility for in-service training programs, or terms and conditions of employment.Apply for this Job