Imagine a world where every car with a smartphone is safer, where massive amounts of data and insights makes cities safer and reduces insurance costs for everyone. Zendrive’s mission is to make driving safer through data and analytics, and we’re building products to support the evolution of transportation and insurance. If you are passionate about mobility and leaving a meaningful impact on the world, if you believe that the mobile revolution together with machine learning and big data can help transform industries that are lagging behind– you would love what we do at Zendrive.
We’re hiring a Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager to oversee Accounting operations for our rapidly expanding commercial insurance subsidiary, Fairmatic. This is a foundational role at a fast-growing start-up that is turning the commercial insurance industry on its head with its innovative approach to managing, measuring, and pricing risk. The opportunity is high visibility and high impact, working closely with executives as we grow the company. You’re perfect for this role if you possess deep knowledge of accounting principles and practices related to the P&C insurance industry, a strong sense of ownership, impeccable attention to detail, and a demonstrated passion for building operations ground-up. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere within the U.S.
Oversee all aspects of daily Accounting Operations:
- Own and manage daily accounting operations, including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, GL, payroll processing, Treasury and budgeting functions, cash management and forecasting, financial flux analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, and assisting in tax filings and compliance.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and work closely with external consultants to produce financial reports and statements
- Establish, implement and enforce financial controls and operational infrastructure
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Prepare detailed and well-supported journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP to support month-end close, always executing timely and accurate close procedures.
- Reviews current processes and collaborates with other departments to streamline processes, data integrity, and administration.
Oversee all activities related to our insurance team:
- Review reinsurance contracts/agreements and apply parameters to accounting of transactions; ensure all recorded transactions are in-line with the reinsurance contract
- Build and maintain relationships with accounting departments of brokers, insureds, and reinsurance carriers
- Work with cross-functional teams to confirm monthly earned premiums from Loss Control Reports
- Communicate proactively with insurance brokers and reinsurance carriers to field questions, collect premiums, and identify payment issues
- Manage monthly Bordereau/data feed submissions to carriers
- Record all invoices/bordereaux with premium, losses, commission, brokerage, etc.
- Send monthly Invoices, statements, and reports to customers
- Conduct monthly and yearly premium reconciliations for each insured
- Coordinate payments to and from customers, carriers, insureds, brokers, and premium finance companies each month
- 4 -8 years of accounting experience with increasing responsibilities
- Experience in the insurance industry is a pre-requisite; Prior MGA / Agency / InsurTech experience will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of US GAAP, including basic accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations with an ability to communicate technical accounting issues to team members.
- Knowledge of applicable insurance industry standards and regulations
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and prepare clear, concise financial reports for complex accounting concepts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, manage ambiguity, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working across time zones and with team members residing in various geographic locations
- Knowledge and strong prior experience with spreadsheets and financial reporting tools
- Bordereau management/data feed experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA is a nice-to have