GovernmentCIO seeks a Senior Content Writer/Editor who can thrive in an environment where they support both corporate marketing and business development initiatives, social media efforts, as well as large proposal efforts. RFPs. The ideal candidate will possess experience supporting both Federal proposal efforts and corporate marketing initiatives.
The senior content writer/writer will work with a team of executives, proposal writers, proposal and capture managers, business development, and delivery personnel to ensure our marketing materials, social media activity, and proposals convey key company strategies, visions, and messages, and that developed marketing materials and proposals adhere to the highest quality standards. Qualified professionals can expect a base salary along with a generous commission and bonus structure. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work well with all levels of the organization, be detail- oriented.
The Senior Content Writer/Editor duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participating in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns and key issues, and developing winning customer-focused strategies;
- Supporting the development of the company’s social media strategy and expanding our social media presence
- Collaborating with executives, managers, and others throughout all engagements.
- Providing direction and guidance to junior writers as required;
- Ensuring proposal and marketing materials clearly convey key intended messages, solutions, strategies, and themes and are easily understandable, readable, consistent, and compelling;
- Overseeing and/or crafting compelling, concise content/posts for a range of social media platforms
- Reviewing, organizing, and editing written content/materials to improve clarity, length, and
- Providing quality control checks, including proofreading for grammar, compliance, and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Managing multiple priorities/tasks with strong organizational skills;
- Independently managing a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines;
- 5-10 years of total experience
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop), and common social media platforms and publishing tools.
- Knowledge and experience with office procedures, systems, and protocols.
- Demonstrated written communication skills, grasp of English grammar, and understanding of AP style;
- Demonstrated verbal communication and analytical skills;
- Experience with marketing professional services and familiarity with industry terms, contracts, deliverables, and processes.
- Experience providing mentoring to junior employees
Job Locations: US-RemoteApply for this Job