Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app (1.5M MAU) worldwide with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness.
We are looking for a highly experienced, deeply empathetic Senior Content Writer to join the RL’s Content team. We have significant expansion plans, and our ability to deliver delightful, impactful, and exceptional product experiences will be paramount to our continued success.
You’ll report directly to our CEO, and work alongside our existing Product, Data, and Design teams to ensure that our outputs are always aligned with overarching business objectives.
We’re looking for someone bright, unwaveringly candid, and driven. If you’re a highly ambitious, personable problem-solver, then this is an opportunity to join a fast-growth and ambitious start-up.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at RL:
- A skilled professional who can write compelling and persuasive content to support high conversion astrological advice;
- You must be able to quickly comprehend technical information and then use it to create powerful narrative experiences that demonstrate the benefits of our products and services;
- Develop a wide range of critical content resources that help us build meaningful, long-term relationships with our customers;
- Establish and evolve systems and processes that enable the best content work to occur as well as a culture of deep collaboration and learning;
- Be proactive in product improvements related to content and identify new product ideas and opportunities;
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics;
- Use industry techniques like brand personality, voice, and tone when communicating to our audience.
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting with a thorough understanding of content writing fundamentals;
- Experience in researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies);
- Attention to detail and ability to simplify complex topics;
- Ability to recommend specific content solutions to given problems, user pain points, and user needs;
- Ability to understand data and use it effectively in the content writing process;
- Samples of your top-quality content portfolio showing your most recent published work.
You will be joining a strong team of ~40 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions… which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow one of the most exciting astrology products, which will shape the future of how people consume astrology services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritize a work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
- Competitive remuneration
- Culture of continuous learning
- Flexible vacation policy
- Regular employment in UK or Malta
- Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta)