TNTP seeks a full-time Senior Financial Analyst for TNTP’s Central Operations division. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. and is available immediately. Occasional travel is required.
Who We Are
A national nonprofit founded by teachers, TNTP believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Central Operations team are at the center of the organization. We span a variety of expertise areas including Finance, Technology, Legal, Organizational Learning, and Human Resources, but all of our work is to ensure that staff across the organization have what they need to support students, schools, and communities across the country.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Central Operations Division as the Financial Planning & Analysis expert for one or more of TNTP’s Business Lines in addition to supporting all aspects of organizational financial reporting and analysis; including monthly financial reporting, board and management reporting, budget and forecast preparation, managing our budgeting system Adaptive Insights, special projects and ad hoc analysis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide financial insight and strategic thinking for TNTP’s Business Lines
- Develop and execute organizational budgeting and forecast processes to ensure timely and accurate forecasts
- Develop and maintain business analysis reporting tools
- Contribute to administration of budgeting system, Adaptive Insights
- Develop and execute a strategy for upfront and ongoing training and monitoring of Directors, Business Operations on key financial aspects of their roles including proposal budgets, forecast process and inputs and monthly budget vs actual financial tracking
- Prepare financial templates, reporting packages and ad-hoc analysis for TNTP’s Business Lines
- Contribute to presentations for senior management and TNTP’s Board and Audit Committee
- Participate in month-end closing process as needed, coordinating with Directors, Business Operations and Finance
- Develop and monitor internal team project budgets and forecast inputs
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect the Senior Financial Analyst to:
- Be thorough and accurate. You will be tasked with analyzing data and providing detailed financial analysis for internal clients. You will have strong project management and organizational skills, helping you manage multiple priorities with attention to detail.
- Love Data and Systems. You enjoy analyzing financial data and can present findings in a clear, actionable way. You have experience working in and learning new budgeting and financial systems.
- Be a natural problem-solver. You can quickly identify challenges, analyze the root causes, and propose solutions and tools to help staff.
- Think Big Picture: You can step back from the details of the day to day to assess a problem or process.
- Influence TNTP staff and leadership. You’ll regularly interact with staff across the organization, lending expertise, guidance and resources to answer key business line questions and motivating them to make changes when necessary. You have an ability to communicate directly, concisely and with a balanced tone, on paper and verbally.
- Be willing to step up to the plate. You’re eager to contribute and learn, willing to provide solutions before we even know there are issues. You make ongoing process improvements.
Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis. Experience in non-profit finance is a plus.
- Accounting and/or operations knowledge and experience (preferred but not required).
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with budgeting systems and tools (required). Experience with cloud-based systems, in particular, Workday and Adaptive; Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong project management and process improvement experience with demonstrated success in creating efficient processes, managing multiple priorities, and overseeing projects with multiple stakeholders.
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Position Type: Regular
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record, conviction record, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of TNTP, including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, and administering all personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs or terminations.Apply for this Job