PRADCO Outdoor Brands (POB), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., is the largest company in the world that manufactures and markets major hunting and fishing brands and products under one parent organization. We are a leader in producing game calls, scents, attractants, game feeders, game cameras, tree stands and fishing lures. PRADCO Hunting owns the brands Moultrie, Summit, Knight & Hale, Code Blue, Texas Hunter Products and Whitetail Institute. PRADCO Fishing owns more than 20 brands including Rebel, YUM, Booyah, Lindy and Bomber Saltwater Grade. For more information on PRADCO products, please visit our website at www.pradcooutdoorbrands.com. As a member of the EBSCO family of companies, PRADCO team members participate in a selection of outstanding benefits, including: EBSCO Profit Sharing Trust, Excellent Medical/Dental/Drug/Vision benefits, and many other benefits.
The PRADCO Outdoor Brands Senior Social Media Specialist (Fishing Division) is responsible for monitoring all social media platforms and interacting with consumers via engaging content. This position will be responsible for all digital copy, content and communications activities for the Fishing Division. The ideal candidate for this position is highly engaged in social media, a proficient writer and is an outdoors enthusiast with a passion for fishing.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that PRADCO Fishing meets or exceeds consumer expectations through knowledgeable assistance for all social media platforms, accurately responding to questions and comments posted on any form of social media and generally providing a positive company image across all communication channels.
- The Senior Social Media Specialist controls all aspects of present and emerging social marketing avenues, including maintaining and improving current efforts on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube, and exploring new sites and ways to reach consumers directly.
- Emerging Social Sites: The Senior Social Media Specialist is responsible for exploring new ways to reach the consumer through social sites.
- The Senior Social Media Specialist is responsible for growing all aspects of PRADCO Fishing’s social marketing efforts.
- Create and manage Editorial Calendar for each fishing brand in consultation with Brand and Product Managers.
- Procure and/or develop content as needed to support social media platforms.
- Routine, specific monitoring of all social media platforms and relevant e-commerce sites in search of reviews, comments and questions from consumer and providing timely, accurate and respectful responses to all.
- Initiate, monitor and respond to industry forum threads, blog postings and social network communications.
- Design, implement and report on social media contests and sweepstakes.
- Monitor corporate brands through the use of social monitoring tools.
- Create and utilize customer polls for research into customer preferences, fishing behaviors and questions about the products and brands.
- Create, update, monitor and publish calendars for customer education highlighting specific products in conjunction with seasonal fishing cycles.
- Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active ambassador network.
- Implement and monitor benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs and analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Social Media Management, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in social media, communications, or related field
- Knowledge in use and etiquette of social networking platforms including, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, Instagram, and other major social channels is a must
- Ability to crowds source and create viral buzz for promotions and new product announcements
- Excellent professional writing skills, creativity and business acumen.
- Strong understanding of PRADCO Fishing products and how they are used on the field. Ability to appropriately respond to critical comments from customers and project positivity
- Smart with a quick intellect. Well-grounded with a solid common- sense approach. Has an approachable and flexible work style. Treats people with respect.
- Is a good team player and is coachable.
- High energy individual that energizes others and has excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills.
- Presents a professional company image and presence.
- Known as collaborative, engaging and team-oriented. Partners well within department and across organizations.
- Must have the ability to work remote and be a self-starter
- Limited travel required
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.