The Allen Americans are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild and the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild. Championship Hockey is the backbone of the American's franchise since being founded prior to the 2009-10 season, with the Red, White and Blue having captured four league Championships in the club’s 10 full seasons of play. Americans’ home games are played at the Allen Event Center, which is located in The Village at Allen. Owned by nationally respected “Serial Entrepreneur “Jack D. Gulati, the Americans begin their 12th season of professional hockey in the Fall of 2020.
The Social Media | Digital Content Intern works directly with the Digital Marketing Unit. During the internship, the intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to social media management, content ideation, promotion planning and execution, sales, organizational growth, as well as introductions to data management and business analytics. This person will be part of a team focused environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This internship for the time being will be conducted remotely and may lead to working back in the Americans’ office
- Assist the Director of Digital Marketing | Analytics in creation and development of content to distribute each week across all social media platforms
- Help with scheduling and implementing a monthly, weekly, daily social media calendar.
- Monitor and engage communication with fans across all social media platforms in real time
- Assist in developing and updating website content
- A degree in marketing, communications, social media, or a related field
- Ability to shoot video and have knowledge of video editing software is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, and YouTube.
- Knowledge about ice hockey, the ECHL and the Allen Americans
- Must have basic knowledge of Photoshop a plus.
- Must have flexible hours including weekends and nights.
- Attention to detail and creativity
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and comfortable with sales.
- Proficient with Google G-Suite
- Familiarity with Hockey preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to travel, occasionally work long hours and handle some light physical activity
- Must be eligible to work in the USA