House of Highlights is a key part of the Bleacher Report portfolio, representing one of the most influential media brands for the Gen-Z audience. HoH is the heartbeat of the Gen Z sports fan, who gravitates to the brand because of its authentic voice which remains celebratory, relatable and inclusive. Everything HoH does — from the original content we create, to our collaborations with influencers and brands, to the viral clips we curate from across the world — aligns with these 3 core brand pillars, and it has created a connection with fans that feels more like a close friend than an inaccessible brand or publisher.
About the role…
House of Highlights is seeking a programmer who will work to curate content from multiple sources to post on our social accounts, specifically Instagram. The programmer will primarily be responsible for surfacing, curating, packaging and distributing various types of social content, including captions.
The programmer will be focused on curating NBA content and highlights, as well as other viral content + UGC that crosses over youth culture passion points. The programmer will be required to cover live NBA games and events throughout the season and will be asked to assist senior level programmers in creating programming plans. An ideal candidate would be described as someone that is a fast learner, hustles like crazy, has ideas and isn’t afraid to share them.. Experience operating a successful IG or Twitter account is huge as well as an ability to proficiently multi-task under pressure programming events.
What you’ll be doing…
- Discover and curate social content that aligns with the House of Highlight brand pillars and engages with the Gen Z audience
- Cover full slates of NBA game schedule, covering multiple games at once to find standout content
- Work closely with other programmers to check copy and properly distribute content
- Collaborate with other programming groups to align on voice and ensure differentiation
- Review performance of distribution plans and provide meaningful feedback on quality and quantity of performance
Experience you need…
- A strong understanding of House of Highlights’ voice and brand
- Experience working with social media platforms, specifically Instagram
- Real passion for basketball culture and familiarity with “NBA Twitter”
- Experience with social content discovery, particularly NBA-focused
- Willing and able to work night and weekend hours