Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 200,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a global team of highly skilled freelance and contractual editors who are experts in various academic fields. CACTUS has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the FlexJobs list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
We are currently looking for specialist contractual copyeditors and substantive editors. Apply now!
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific guidelines and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt your working style accordingly
- Meet deadlines (which are driven by client deadlines)
Why this is a great opportunity
- Telecommute from anywhere
- Set your own timings and work hours; just ensure that you meet deadlines and the minimum monthly volume of 60,000 words
- There is no mandatory time commitment. However, editors typically tend to devote six to eight hours a day
- Receive a predictable volume of work each month. The more you edit, the more you will earn. Our contractors edit 60,000 to more than 120,000 words a month
- Develop an understanding of the finer points of editing
- Gain access to articles on the latest industry trends and editing tips on our learning and discussion platform
- Get an inside view of research carried out worldwide
What you need
- A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelor’s degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in Chemical Engineering [detailed subject-area list below]
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Detailed subject-area list:
Fluid Dynamics, Kinetics, Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Chemical Thermodynamics, Cheminfomatics, Analytical chemistry, Applied chemistry, Catalysis, Chemical engineering, Colloid and surface chemistry, Computational chemistry, Electrochemistry, Food chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, Macromolecular and materials chemistry, Nanochemistry, Organic chemistry, Other – Chemistry, Nuclear chemistry, Photochemistry, Physical chemistry, Polymer chemistry, Structural chemistry, Supramolecular chemistry, Theoretical chemistry.Apply for this Job