- Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions’ OneBeacon Subrogation group is adding a Subrogation Consultant to the team.
- In this role, you will be responsible for resolving the most complex subrogation claims thorough investigation, evaluation and disposition.
- Independently operating within very broad company guidelines and very high authority levels in the settlement of claims; you will be charged with making appropriate recommendations to management on subrogation settlements from claims including occupational health & accident and workers compensation.
- The Subrogation Consultant will be the main point of contact and support to the business.
- This position could sit in any of our OneBeacon offices or remotely.
- Makes timely and appropriate contacts, determines and completes the appropriate level of investigation to assess liability and determine damages for highly complex claims.
- Determines whether additional evidence is required including but not limited to accident reports, accident scene reconstructions, witness statements, police reports, expert opinions, etc.
- Independently manages a case load and negotiates settlements within broad limits of assigned authority.
- Provides recommendations for settlement and disposition of claims exceeding authority level.
- Assigns and directs activities of internal and external resources as required; including subrogation attorneys and collection agencies.
- Responsible for identifying, preparing and referring files suitable for inter-company arbitration or suit.
- Documents clearly and concisely all relevant activity on assigned files and makes recommendations for additional activity as appropriate.
- Anticipates and meets all customer needs (internal and external).
- Coaches and trains less experienced subrogation representatives or trainees.
- Expert claims technical knowledge, and legal climate background is essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including, Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have excellent analytical, negotiation, decision making, problem solving, organizational and presentation skills.
- Must be a proven self-starter with strong multi-tasking and relationship management skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively including strong oral, written and listening skills. Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team and have the ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals.
- Must maintain strong professional knowledge of legislative issues, industry trends and marketplace issues within. Must be able to work in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and previous subrogation experience required.
- JD may be required depending on the needs of requirements of a business unit.
- 7-10 years of progressively more complex specialized claims and/or subrogation experience specifically in occupational health & accident.