International Business Times is seeking an experienced reporter who can inform and engage readers on trending news in the tech industry. This job calls for a social media-savvy reporter who can write daily trending stories and occasional enterprise stories that highlight everything new and bold and cool about tech. That said, the successful candidate must be committed to fairness and accuracy, and will have a strong grounding in journalism ethics.
- Write trending tech stories as well as craft trending stories from other credible media outlets.
- Pitch ideas on everything tech – Collaborate with other team members as needed.
- Passion for technology
- Deep knowledge of tech
- A source list of tech power players
- Exceptional writing skills — clean and compelling and conversational – and solid knowledge of AP style.
- A strong understanding of the need to work smart and fast in a digital newsroom.
- The abilities to both multitask – juggle daily and enterprise – and shift priorities and/or story focus as the news shifts.
- Ability to work well with others in a virtual workspace.
- This position is remote. The successful candidate will be offered a contract that will be ongoing, depending on job performance.