We're looking for a passionate editor to join our growing vegan startup at Gloriously Vegan. We sell vegan cookbooks, wholefoods and vitamins/supplements.
We're on a mission to help spread the word of plant based eating by providing incredible meals that you wouldn't believe are actually vegan.
Your role would be to help plan, manage and edit the creation of our vegan recipe books using our network of recipe creators.
You should have:
– A keen eye for great recipe photos
– Great editing skills and perfect grammar
– Enthusiasm for food and a real desire to create GREAT recipe books within our constraints
– The drive for excellence to be able to tell a creator if a recipe submission isn't quite on point
– English as your first language
You should be:
– Driven and proactive, you'll be reporting directly to the owner and he will expect you to be checking in without prompts
– A self starter, we're not looking for a team member who needs to be chased
– Organised, there are quite a few moving parts to putting a recipe book together, you'll need to be able to keep on top of them all as well as the editing
This isn't for you if:
– When you're reading a poorly written submission things don't instantly jump out at you!
– You hate conflict or mentioning to people their work isn't up to scratch (we don't like it, but sometimes it is a necessary evil to maintain standards)
– You don't really care about delicious beautiful food
It would help if you are a vegan but that is not 100% necessary.
You will source and manage our team of vegan recipe creators & ebook editor in order to create final recipe book products that we can sell to our customers.
Your main duties will be quality control of final recipes, editing of recipes to ensure consistency to our standardised format and proper English/grammar and deadline management.
Where necessary you will also research and provide outlines for book ideas given to you. For example you may be given a “slow cooker” recipe book project.
You would need to help outline the recipes needed for that and also research the “show-stopper” recipes that are really going to stand out as being incredible.
You will also be making sure that final recipes in our books are of a standardised format, have proper grammar and read correctly.
For the right person this is a brilliant opportunity to work in a fast growing company and see your work go into print very quickly 🙂
If you are up to the task and looking to work with a fun, fast growing vegan brand. Please apply 🙂Apply for this Job