The Web Designer will support online marketing efforts to increase brand awareness, lead/demand generation and e-commerce promotions. You will manage, maintain and improve the appearance and usability of our online properties working with the Marketing team and collaborating with Development, Sales and 3rd party marketing ecosystem partners. You will be responsible for producing a wide variety of digital marketing solutions, such as banner ads, corporate digital design, and social media designs. The Web Designer understands typography, color palettes, rules of composition and layouts, and how these elements affect online interactivity and usability. Ideal candidates will be familiar with how to use Google Analytics data to think about the actions they can take to improve the site (bounce rates, keyword referrals, ect).
Duties and Responsibilities include the following by category. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and improve existing organization web properties, including but not limited to, creative design on web pages, e-mails and newsletters, produce full sites, presentations and banner ads, select photos to use and update and create content for social media channels
- Consistently utilize creative aptitude to continue to create and update engaging content on organizational on-line and social media platforms, using independent judgement within Brand guidelines
- Interfaces with various departments to identify project scope and needs
- Coordinate with other departments and outside agencies as necessary to complete projects
- Website Projects
- Work with cross-functional team to manage key, identified projects relating to the website
- Implement new mobile/responsive pages and designs that aid SEO and conversion plus increase brand strength
- Aid the Marketing team with design and front-end development for identified initiatives including website, upsell flows, user onboarding, and more.
- Ensure all new designs and content conform to accessibility, UX, and brand design standards
- Working with the Marketing team, develop reporting to measure efforts so that decisions and course corrections can be made using data.
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong design aesthetic
- Proven ability in owning and progressing corporate branding across multiple online platforms and mobile/responsive websites – 4+ years experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and a good eye towards digital design
- Minimum 2 years CMS experience (WordPress and/or Expression Engine a plus), with a strong ability to design, implement and maintain templates
- Ability to implement web content updates, such as creating/modifying landing pages, blogs, ads, and brochures
- Experience with Google Analytics or other analytical tools such (e.g. SEM Rush)
- Experience with video editing and production tools a plus
- Prior experience with Jira for ticketing requests or other agile marketing techniques a plus
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Apply for this Job