Full Job Description
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency. We work with growing brands to build digital platforms and launch marketing campaigns. Clients include L’Oreal, Amazon, Barry’s, Well+Good, Dr. Jart+, and Scholastic as well as various emerging consumer lifestyle brands.
We are looking for a Marketing Intern to join our Marketing Strategy & Business Intelligence (MSBI) team this Fall and Winter. This is a paid internship program that has the opportunity to lead to a full time position for the right person.
As Marketing Intern, you will work alongside our team members and build experience by developing content, coming up with ideas, and developing reports and analyses for various marketing campaigns across social, paid, email, and web. You will receive guidance and feedback along the way and also have various opportunities to contribute to real client projects.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Intern to join our remote-first team. You can work from anywhere as long as you are able to work for the majority of our Eastern Time work hours of 10AM to 6PM.
Examples of What You Might Do
On a given day you might:
- Diving into the data to identify key trends in a site’s user behavior so that we can improve site performance and user experience.
- Doing keyword research to identify content opportunities for an ecommerce brand.
- Working with designers and developers to design the user experience for a subscription service.
What we’re looking for
- A passion for growing businesses through digital marketing and conversion strategies with strong interest in data analysis and user experience.
- Strong research and analytical mindset.
- Familiarity with web design and usability best practices and trends.
- Comfortable working in Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics/Adwords/Tag Manager, email marketing platforms (Mailchimp, Klaviyo etc), or Adobe Creative Suite are a plus.
- Positive Attitude: enthusiastic and able to contribute at any given stage throughout the process; actively takes the lead on a given task and can pitch in wherever help is needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to confidently express ideas and also knows when to listen.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
What you’re excited about
- Helping to grow and develop processes within our Marketing Strategy & Business Intelligence Team and company-wide
- Collaborating closely with talented team members on fast-paced projects that see immediate impact
- Advising new and exciting brands on their marketing and ecommerce activities and working directly with the client to roll out
- enhancements and new campaigns
- Generating fresh and creative ideas on ways to raise the profile of the brand and to turn audiences into new customers
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, half-day Fridays all year round, remote home setup stipend, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.Apply for this Job