The Northwest School is a college-preparatory, co-educational independent school near the heart of downtown Seattle. We offer a rich and challenging program to roughly 500 students in grades 6 through 12, including 80 international students, many of whom live in our campus dormitory. The Northwest School is committed to a diverse workplace and expects applicants to have a commitment to inclusion, equity, and social justice. We firmly believe that we are a richer, more creative and dynamic institution when our collective is built with a diverse set of community members. The Northwest School strives for its faculty and student body to reflect the diversity of the society in which they exist. Candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Northwest School has been online since March, 2020 and we are planning our phased return to on-campus learning. This will mean some of our students continue to learn online from home and some of our faculty continue to teach online from home. We have a need for several Classroom Assistants who will work on campus and manage classrooms of students who are learning from a teacher who is teaching remotely. This is an on-site role in Seattle, WA and typical hours are 8:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday – Friday, excluding school breaks, with no opportunity for remote work. The rate of pay is $20 – $25 per hour, based on qualifications.Qualifications
Classroom Assistants are responsible for:
- Classroom management of students in grades 6-12
- Monitoring and troubleshooting classroom technology equipment such as smart boards, cameras, and laptop computers
- Ensuring students are adhering to safety protocols such as mask earning and maintaining physical distance
- Prepare and distribute materials for classes, following instruction from the teacher
- Experience working or volunteering with youth
- Ability to operate various technologies including Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Smart Boards, video cameras, and educational software
- Ability to interact positively and productively with students and colleagues
- Ability to work on-site in Seattle, WA
Please submit a cover letter and resume: http://northwestschool.org/about-the-school/employment
**Please note: we are unable to fully consider materials submitted through other avenues such as Indeed.com without a corresponding application through our website.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or marital status.Apply for this Job