This is a remote based position. Position working hours will be based on Central Time Zone.
The Finance Advisor I is responsible for navigating students through the Financial Aid Process, including but not limited to, assisting with document collection, determining/counseling on Financial Aid eligibility, and calculating Financial Aid amounts to fund educational costs. They will discuss tuition costs, financial aid awards, funding and payment options, and additional requirements with students via phone and email. They are accountable for understanding and applying federal regulations and institutional policies. They will also collaborate with other departments to problem solve any issues on a student file.
- Provide an overview of the Financial Aid process and programs available to qualifying students.
- Counsel students regarding financial aid paperwork, award information, and options for covering education expenses.
- Evaluate submitted documentation and determine additional requirements.
- Calculate Tuition and Financial Aid based on a student’s schedule and unique eligibility.
- Deliver the highest level of service to students and co-workers while maintaining performance metrics.
- Uphold Title IV, state, military, VA and institutional knowledge and compliance.
- Review changes to Financial Aid eligibility throughout the program
<!-#HEJ-><!-#HEJ->Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Ability to interpret and apply internal and government policies, procedures and regulations.
- Perform algebraic calculations, including gross and net amounts based on percentages.
- Simplify complex information and effectively communicate options and answer questions from customers.
- Ability to apply concepts from instructions and data furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in sorting, filtering, finding, and adjusting data in spreadsheets and quickly navigating web-based resources.
- Approach assigned tasks with a sense of urgency and an attention to detail.
- Utilize active listening skills and patience to effectively problem solve.
Education and Experience:Minimum
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required
Education and Experience:Preferred
- Associate’s Degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent) preferred
- Previous Financial Aid experience
Pay and Benefits
- $18 to $20 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health Insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time-off
- Vision Insurance