As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Cut is in a dynamic conversation with women about the issues that matter to them most — politics, feminism, work, money, relationships, mental health, fashion, and issues relating to equality. Our stories are organized around four categories: Style, Self, Culture, and Power — words that give us a framework for what it means to be a woman moving forward in the world today.
The Cut's Instagram Editor is responsible for the brand’s extension and presence on Instagram. This position actively engages with the entire team at the Cut to nail down the distinct voice of the site. You should know as much about Hailey Baldwin paparazzi photos-turned-memes as you do about news coming out of Washington, as well as the history of Céline. The ideal candidate enjoys the fast pace of news, has an interest in culture and fashion, and is a great collaborator.
- Drive traffic to the site with engaging, timely, funny, and informative posts on Instagram
- Grow our audience by developing an Instagram page that stands out among the noise
- Build a core, engaged audience by producing weekly Lives, takeovers, and Reels
- Produce and host live interviews on the Cut’s social accounts, identifying and prepping guests
- Manage communications with editors to create social-specific promotions of their stories
- Work with marketing and branded content on new campaigns and advertising initiatives
- Manage other social media accounts as needed for New York Media brands
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor
- 1-3 years experience managing and creating content for social media account(s), including Instagram, for a media/publishing company
- In-depth understanding of engagement metrics and audience growth strategies
- Experience hosting live videos; identifying, prepping, and interviewing guests; and leading engaging conversations for a digital audience
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and tight deadlines associated with a fast-paced news cycle
- Strong understanding and passion for the editorial sensibility of the Cut
- Deep familiarity with the Cut’s pillars of Style, Self, Culture, and Power
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in journalism or related field
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.Apply for this Job