Evoke is a marketing and advertising agency servicing the healthcare industry. We partner with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients – consistently delivering unparalleled levels of strategic service, creative and technological innovation that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
Your role as Proofreader
The proofreader is responsible for checking the quality of all materials going out the door to the client, for a submission, or for technical deployment. He or she is an expert in the English language, proficient in AMA editorial style, and can ensure grammatical and spelling accuracy in all materials produced.
A proofreader may be asked to line edit a manuscript, perform a clean read of a manuscript, or make sure the manuscript matches approved materials, a set of changes, or a previous submission. He or she may also be asked to do a side-by-side comparison to make sure that tech builds match the final creative. The proofreader will need to be experienced reviewing both digital (interactive) and print pieces and marking up materials electronically.
The proofreader must be highly detail-oriented with a keen eye for catching mistakes, flexible, able to manage changing priorities, and work independently. He or she is encouraged to ask the editor, copywriter, or designer any questions they may have about a project. The proofreader is responsible for actively prioritizing their daily workload and communicating any known time constraints with the project managers.
- Performs line editing and proofreading, checking for formatting consistency, grammatical accuracy, and spelling errors
- Checks for adherence to AMA style and/or brand editorial style guides
- Ensures all final copy and design match approved job
- Confirms pages are logically arranged and exist in their entirety
- Assesses design elements (eg, borders aren’t blurred, alignment isn’t off)
- Ensures page numbers and headings are correct and casing style of heads and subheads is consistent throughout
- Verifies photos and illustrations are correctly captioned
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
- At least 3 years of proofreading experience in an agency environment (healthcare/pharma marketing preferred), proofreading both digital/interactive and print work
- BA in Journalism, Writing, Communications or similar is preferred
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical or healthcare terminology
- Must be computer literate. Must be able to mark up corrections using Adobe Acrobat tools as well as work in Microsoft Word documents
- Demonstrated expertise in English grammar, spelling, and syntax
- Must take and pass the Evoke proofreading test
- Ability to work occasional longer hours and weekends as work dictates
Evoke is a full-service health and wellness agency with a heritage of innovation. The agency has built an outstanding reputation for creating evocative, award-winning marketing platforms that educate, inform, and inspire action. With offices in Chicago, New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles, and a global reach through their agency network, Huntsworth Health, Evoke is comprised of marketing professionals dedicated to pioneering new and better ways to communicate between brands and people.
It is our goal to provide our people with the best possible support and environment to grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing yet not stifling. We work hard because we love what we do. We believe strongly in intelligent innovation.
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
Evoke and Huntsworth Health are equal opportunity employers.Visit
Location: 100% RemoteApply for this Job