Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies—particularly B2B SaaS businesses—grow by making great content that their audience loves.
Our focus is on long-form, written content that helps companies educate their audience (executives, managers, and other specialized professionals in their field) on strategies and tactics for being successful in their work. Product, design, marketing, sales, and engineering are the main topic areas we cover.
For this role, we are looking for an editor who can help our writers improve over time and across clients in structure, tone, style, and on-page SEO. As much teacher as teammate, this person will review every piece of content at least twice — from an early outline to a nearly final draft — and use each review as an opportunity to encourage the writer and drive their continued growth in the craft.
“A real editor isn’t just someone you work with; they are your guide. They see your brain doing its thing and learn its weaknesses and abilities, and if they're really good, they figure out what you need to hear to compensate for the former and accentuate the latter.” – Ariel Levy
This role reports to our lead editor, and may also work closely with one or more content strategists.
You're a fit for the Content Marketing Editor role if:
- You have a proven track record of successful writing and editing long-form content, ideally B2B, SaaS, or tech blog posts, guides, and/or ebooks
- You have experience teaching, coaching, or mentoring
- You can communicate why changes should be made, not simply fix errors or improve writing
- You can patiently explain writing concepts from multiple perspectives, multiple times
- You're organized, independently motivated, wants to grow as an editor, and loves coaching writers
- You know how to balance feedback with encouragement
- You're willing to step back from day-to-day editing work to improve existing processes and systems to ensure Animalz delivers quality content to every customer
This role requires:
- A demonstrated ability to understand content marketing strategies and edit individual pieces to align appropriately
- A desire to help writers improve their craft and elevate content to the highest quality
- Familiarity with email marketing, social media, and popular blogging platforms, and the different writing and stylistic requirements of each
- Strong interest in B2B, SaaS, and/or technology and a thorough knowledge of the top content and thought leadership in these fields
- A desire to work hours aligning with North America's MST/PST time zones (to accommodate our team's schedules)
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can't be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all employees. We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
About our benefits:
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have regular overlap with US business hours and can be available to edit
- Health insurance, covering 80% of the premium for health and 99% for vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Parental leave for both primary and secondary care providers
- Monthly health and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
If you have questions or need assistance during the application process:
If you have a question about this role that hasn't been answered here, or would like to ask about workplace accommodations, please reach out to workwithus @ animalz.co. Thank you!