EAC Network seeks PT TEMP Crisis Counselors to work remote for the Project HOPE program. The position is Part-Time with a flexible schedule up to 30 hours per week. Position is temporary until 6/16/2021 at $25 per hour.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Crisis Counselor is responsible for working with individuals, families, and groups to provide crisis counseling services either virtual or in-person that includes outreach, emotional support, individual and group crisis counseling, public education, and referrals when needed for the Project HOPE Crisis Counseling Program (CCP). The purpose of Project Hope CCP is to help Covid victims understand and recognize that, in most cases, their emotional reactions are normal. CCP will assist them in recognizing and developing coping skills that will allow them to overcome adversities and resume their pre-disaster level of functioning and equilibrium as well as link clients to additional community resources.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis intervention, emotional support, outreach, individual and group counseling to individuals who are in emotional distress.
- Conduct assessments of clients per policies and procedures.
- Manage interactions with clients to ensure appropriate level of support is provided in an efficient manner
- Accurately and efficiently document client interactions.
- Schedule in person meetings weekly with clients or schedule virtual appointments with clients and members of the community.
- Conduct community outreach.
- Provide professional assessment, consultation and coordination of referrals and services.
- Attend case conferences, team meetings in-service workshops.
- Attend virtual meetings with supervision to touch base, share ideas, and virtually support one another by discussing stress coping techniques and self-care for CCP staff.
- Ensure that client files are always organized and maintained in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Human service/Health discipline /Social Work /Psychology or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience required.
- Must have access to automobile and possess valid NYS driver's license.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.