Avaaz is winning major victories to bring about a better world and this role on the Operations team is crucial to powering that success. This is a part-time position for 2-3 days per week that functions as outside support to boost the capacity of the existing finance team – a group of mission-focused operations ninjas!
You will focus on day-to-day payments processing across several platforms. This position calls for a professional with killer attention to detail and loads of enthusiasm for maintaining accurate and healthy financial systems. You will report directly to a member of the finance team.
- Managing the overall payments process, keeping to deadlines, and optimizing the process for maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Processing invoices for payment.
- Reviewing credit card reports and expense reports as needed.
- Liaising with vendors to ensure timely payments and ensure proper approval and documentation is complete.
- Preparing for monthly close, annual audit, and other financial reporting
- Collaborating with the rest of the Operations team on financial aspects of Avaaz operations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent computer skills in general
- Finance and/or accounting experience preferred
- Good problem-solving abilities and strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements
- Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment, and social change
- Quickbooks or other accounting package experience helpful but not required
Fluency in English is a requirement. Additional languages are an asset.
- Candidates must be legaly authorized to work in the US, UK, France, Canada, or Italy. Avaaz is a virtual organization, with most of our work done over email, telephone, and Skype.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary varies with location and experience but is highly competitive with leading nongovernmental organizations. Benefits also range with location, but all include 5 weeks paid vacation per year pro-rated for part-time roles.