We're looking to hire 1-2 writers who can contribute a minimum of 6,000 words (2-3 articles) per week about outdoors gear and firearm accessories.
Above all, you'll need good research skills (Googling / YouTube / Reddit) since the topics can be very specific at times. You should be able to convincingly write from a position of expertise/authority.
For each article, we will provide you with:
- Detailed writing guidelines
- Products to include & some basic research
- Competitor articles you'll need to beat
Outdoors/hunting/firearms experience is a plus, but it's not required.
We're a small-ish media company with multiple web assets under management in various niches – cybersec, outdoors, audio, legal & more. We're looking expand our content production capacity ASAP to hit our growth goals for 2021.
The Kind Of Content We're Looking For
- Short, catchy, “hooky” intros are a must
- Your final submitted draft should be one of the best articles in Google search results on the topic
- Your writing should be helpful & easy-to-read
- Clean, concise & professional
- Your article should answer all questions that the reader might have about the topic
- American English
- It's OK if you're not a native speaker, but you should write like one
- More specific details will be provided in writing guidelines
Compensation & Workload
- Our budget for this project is $0.06/word
- We provide а stable, consistent workload. We assign articles to write every week, without fail.
- Your desired word count is up to you. We can assign as few as 6,000 words per week, or, if you’re ambitious, 12,000 words per week is not out of the question.
- You get paid weekly. Payment via PayPal invoice, unless agreed otherwise
- You must be able to commit to at least 2 articles per week (2,500- 3,000 words each)
- You should be able to research & familiarize yourself with the topics provided using Google, YouTube and Reddit
- You should be able to handle critical feedback and adjust accordingly
- Proactive communication with the team via agreed channels to clarify any issues that might arise
- Self-motivated and highly-organized, able to work independently
- At least 2 writing samples required
How To Apply?
Please submit your application within the following Google form:
If we think you’re a good match for us, we’ll be in touch. From there, we'll arrange a brief interview via Skype, Zoom, or email. We may ask you to complete a paid trial article, depending on your portfolio. We move fast in our process and we're motivated to fill this position quickly.Apply for this Job