My name is Cess and I’m a Project Manager here at OswaldoMedia and I will be your point of contact throughout the whole recruiting process.
We run a number of authoritative dog websites. Our sites' mission is to be the trusted expert in breed, nutrition, health, and training information for dogs and advocate for responsible dog ownership.
We're looking to hire a couple of full-time ghostwriters who can contribute to our blog and can commit to 50,000 words written per month (15 – 25 blog posts per month with word counts between 1600 to 3000 words).
Please note that we have very high editorial standards compared to most other blogs. Every post that we publish goes through our strict editorial process where we check all claims and ideas for accuracy as well as the consistency of thoughts.
You'll be assigned topics by myself or an Editor and given a submission deadline. It's quite likely that in the first couple of weeks there will be a lot of feedback and editing required, but generally, once a writer gets into the swing of things, that part should be minimal.
What you'll do:
- Deep topic research about the given topics (article outline will be provided)
- Awesome Quality Writing
- Searching for high-quality images
Who are you?
- You have at least 2+ years of writing experience.
- You are a native English speaker or you’re fluent both in writing and speaking.
- Knowledgeable & with personal experience as a dog owner
- You’re a “get things done” type of person. We all encounter personal problems from time to time. We won’t control you but we count on you to finish everything on time.
- Excellent communicator. We believe communication is the foundation of any relationship. You should be able to talk to us whenever there is something you are not pleased with. Moreover, you need to be able to handle feedback. Both positive and negative.
- Google Docs/Sheets usage experience.
- You have a basic understanding of SEO. Knowing how a website ranks based on keywords would suffice.
- You pay attention to every little detail.
- Google is your friend when you need to find something.
- You get to write about interesting topics. Dogs are awesome! (I’m sorry cat owners…).
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours (you can work at your timezone)
- Consistent workload every month: 50,000 words.
- Reasonable deadlines.
- Stable work as part of a high performing team.
- Yearly bonuses.
- The opportunity to be promoted to the role of an Editor or Managing Editor with an hourly rate (only if you would like to).
Click here to fill an application form
IMPORTANT: Before answering the “Why do you want this position?” question, start your answer with the word “Bonjour” and don’t forget to include my name right after it. We want to make sure applicants have read and understood this job ad (you'd be surprised how many automated replies we get!) so if any of these two are not included in your application, it will be deleted right away and not considered.
Thanks and good luck!
P.S. Be ready to take a thorough test job and a paid work sampleApply for this Job