The editorial team at Valnet Inc. is looking for a dedicated comic book, film and TV expert to provide news coverage at CBR.com – the oldest and most respected comic book culture website in the world.
Are you a pop culture enthusiast dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest comic book, movie, television and video game news and rumors? Are you a self-starting, hard-working and dynamic writer who can investigate, research and produce compelling news copy to tight deadlines and strict editorial standards?
If so, then we need you!
As a Freelance Comic Book News Writer for CBR, you will work with a dedicated editorial team to create original and informative articles that our discriminating audience demands, with the eye-catching aesthetic they crave.
Want to turn your passion for our beloved nerd culture into a stable writing gig? Do you think you’d like a great fit for our team? Apply to join the CBR News Team today!
- Write 2 – 3 news articles daily, under a wide range of word counts
- Stay up to date on the latest news and trends in comics, tv, movies, video games, anime, manga, and anywhere else fandom may reach
- Coordinate with News Shift Editors and Senior CBR News Editor for assignments and feedback
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of old and current comic books, tv shows, original streaming programs, video games, anime, manga
- Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
This is a work from home positionApply for this Job